Cooking is one of those things that you need to do every day no matter what. Why not make it enjoyable?
If you learn to enjoy cooking, you’ll cook more. if you cook more, you’ll generally eat more nutritious food while spending less money eating out. This habit alone can make you healthier and wealthier.
Much like your health journey, everyone has a cooking journey where you are constantly learning new techniques and styles that refine your approach and improve your food.
Some things that have improved my life are:
- The reverse sear
- Sourdough baking
- Pickling things – onions, carrots, etc.
- Salt types and when/how to use them (table, kosher, flakey)
- Cooking on cast iron/carbon steel
- Knife skills
- Spices – how to use/mix them
- Recipes/foods from different cultures. Specifically Italian, Mexican, Korean, Japanese, Uruguayan, German, Greek, etc.
- Meal prepping and the capsule kitchen
The list goes on. Each of these is a simple google search or YouTube video away. work little by little to expand your knowledge and skills in the kitchen and soon you’ll be blowing yourself away with what you are able to whip up.